Thursday, January 11, 2007

Been a long time

I have emerged at last from the depths of the stash after a long holiday. The first strip of the Tweed Throw is done. I have also started a sock - River Rapids from Sockbug in some lovely Knittery merino in Coral Reef colours. If I was doing this again I would probably use a less busy yarn to show up the pattern more. Hopefully I will have some knitting photos soon!

In other good news, it turns out they want me sooner rather than later for my new job. I am starting a month early at the end of January! Today I bought some work clothes and an a new iron (the old one is sadly deceased) in preparation for the big day. I'm so excited I'm counting down the days.

At the last S'n'B meeting, our kind member Caroline gave everyone a knitting noddy for skeining yarn. I'm off to have a go with mine now, so I can do some dyeing this afternoon.

Ciao,
Fifi and Ash

5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

It must be the day for us non posters to reappear :)

Wasn't that such a thoughtful thing of Caroline and her husband to do for us. I know that you dyers especially will find it fantastic.

4:40 pm  
Blogger Katt said...

Oooh I might give mine a go later..and make a few skeins for wool for me to dye for ME!! Been awhile since i have dyed up wool for me! lol

Cant wait to see the finished product of the River Rapids..I thought about knitting those for Cindy but decided with different ones.

Katt

4:42 pm  
Blogger amanda j said...

Oh dear, you have been hit by a nasty I see! I am knitting with Knittery yarn, Watercolours this time! It is so lovely

4:27 pm  
Blogger Little Purl said...

Congrats!

How did the yarn dyeing go?

1:12 pm  
Blogger Katt said...

Looks like the same spammer is having fun with your blog over and over...

Are they links to YOU publicly nude? lol

How did the river rapid socks end up? you didnt bring them yesterday and I didnt hear you talking about them..

Katt

1:48 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home