Thursday, December 14, 2006

Secrets

The other day we swapped Secret Santa gifts at my SnB. I received a gorgeous Log Cabin rug from Sharon. Thankfully, since I don't have a camera at the moment, you can admire it over there. I gave my pal a simplified version of Craftaholic's Mermaid mittens in the new merino cashmere sock yarn from the Knittery. Pomotamus is a really fun pattern, even if it requires my full attention, and I can't wait to make myself something in it.

Now I have started another secret project for Christmas but have run into trouble. It uses fishermans rib in one part which is basically k1 k1b till end then repeat the row. K1b here stands for knit into the stitch below and, after checking some instructions on the internet, I think I'm doing this part right but the pattern does not look like the photograph?! Any advice?

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes job wise. The interview actually went well and the interviewer was really friendly and lovely. I guess it is not their job to scare people after all! The final stage is some group activities next week. We will find out on the day whether we have been succesful. Fingers crossed!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Katt said...

I have touched Fishermans Rib for the same reason. I cant get it to look right. I will have to harass my mother. She use to do Fishermans Rib..

I am halfway through a sock for Chrissie for Adams pop..I am looking forward to getting all the Chrissie knitting over!

Katt

6:52 pm  
Blogger metal and knit said...

It is easy knit normal for a row then knit one knit one below and it is mindless after a few rows .

Hope you get to join ght egreat hall of call centre bloggers

11:04 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

I used to make fishermens ribbed jumpers all the time. Metal and Knit has already filled you in I see.

Your mittens had us all ooohing and aaaahing on Tuesday and Caroline was very lucky indeed. I actually like your version better than the original.

I am so pleased that you like your rug and believe me it helped me use up a lot of stash so that I could make room to go buy more from Bendigo's sale ;)

8:07 am  
Anonymous 2paw said...

Oh the mittens were to die for, sooo beautiful, and your rug, well, I know The Labradors wanted it!!! Glad it all went well and we have things crossed for you!!

11:59 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home