Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas on the silkroad


Look what's arrived!! As an early christmas present for myself I have bought the last nine balls of Silkroad Tweed Aran for my throw(scroll to the bottom of the page). I found the best price at Yarns Galore. I haven't bought from them before but they were really nice and my parcel arrived promptly.


I'm so excited, I have finished the first square already. It's pretty quick to knit on 5mm needles. Here it is reclining in my parent's backyard. This feels like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

Warning: Non-tea drinkers may want to skip this bit

I have had a few misadventures with Tea this week. On Friday I went to Hobart for work and we dropped into Starbucks. It was sweltering hot on the way down so I was in serious need of refreshment and eagerly ordered a large iced tea. Guess what arrived? A cup of cold water and ice with four tea bags in it. Not sweetened or anything. Ew! They charged me about $3 for that travesty!!

Since then I have been trying some different herbal teas at home and right now I'm drinking Liptons Ginseng and Lime. I can't say I'm wild about the taste although it's growing on me, but the ginseng does seem to perk me up. However, I am a bit dubious about its claim to Lime as a close inspection of the ingrediants show orange peel and lemon peel but only something called Lime "Flavour" right at the end. I suspect something dodgey out of a bottle that has little relation to round, green things that grow on trees.

End of waffling about tea

As this may be my last Blog before the 25th, I would just like to wish a merry Christmas to all my awesome readers and fellow S'n'Bers. Happy holidays and happy knitting!

6 Comments:

Blogger fitknit said...

I can't believe they thought it OK to serve 4 tea bags in a glass????

Tea is such a special drink to be enjoyed not endured.

6:05 pm  
Blogger fitknit said...

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you, too!

6:06 pm  
Blogger Katt said...

So Starbucks is NOT the place to go for Ice Tea then? not that I drink it anyway..

Merry Christmas to you and yours too..I hope you all have a safe and fun Christmas...

Katt

7:06 pm  
Anonymous 2paw said...

As a tea enthusiast I am frightened now!! I shall never have tea there!! Thanks for the warning, what a tea travesty!!!
Oh your throw is looking lovely!!!
Merry Christmas to you too, and good luck for tomorrow!!!!!

11:39 pm  
Blogger metal and knit said...

Hence why i dont do starbucks... what a rip off. ill only drink tea in certain places now.

have a great christmas cant wait to hear about your next adventures

12:18 am  
Blogger Sharon said...

Looking forward to seeing the throws progress, especially in those yummy yarns.

Oh yuck! they may as well served a cup of tea that has just gone cold and we all know how horrible that tastes :(

Merry Christmas to you too dear girl, I have enjoyed watching your knitting skills grow from humble beginnings to the WOW!! projects you make now. Enjoy the silly season and I will catch you in the new year :)

7:53 am  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home