Saturday, November 11, 2006

Deadlines

Well, have I been a bad blogger. I'm in my last month at TAFE at the moment so I have a whole bunch of assignments and tests to get through before freedom! FREEDOM!

As for knitting, I'm working on completing some second socks and a TOP SECRET project for December, which I can't possibly tell you about. No, really. Fingers crossed, I will get it done in time. There has also been some stash acquiring. I managed to get 9 balls of Jo Sharp Silkroad Aran Tweed for about $45 on Ebay. I have had my heart set on making a throw of hers, just because of the colours, ever since I saw it but haven't been able to afford it. Unfortunately I still need another 9 balls, but now I know about it, I will keep an eye on Ebay and hopefully get lucky again!

Otherwise nothing exciting is happening. I have taken up gardening (along with knitting and sudoko, I think this makes me an honourary middle aged person!!) and have a motley collection of herbs and a tomato plant, in pots on my porch, and snow peas in hanging baskets. Miss Darkside just gave me a chilli plant as well. She is hoping to enjoy the culinary benefits I think. This is overly optimistic, as I have a plant killing track record of genocidal proportions.

Ciao,
Fifi and Ash

5 Comments:

Anonymous 2paw said...

Ah, welcome to my middle aged world!! All my friends are writing reports at the moment. Blah. Not something I miss. I am planting some tomatoes this week. I am very excited. I have to plant them in the Forbidden Zone as Peri digs plants up: The Fairy Lavendar was a victim!!!
Good luck with your assignments, and what a good Ebay buy!!!

9:12 pm  
Blogger metal and knit said...

i get worried when people advertise cars as being owned by a person who wears cardigans and love gardening i fit there too

10:24 pm  
Blogger Katt said...

Oooh top secret knitting..I have that to! Isnt it fun being a Secret Santa? I cant wait to see what gets passed around this year! Last year was so much fun.

I should really get busy with my gardening, I want to get some snow peas and tomatoes on the go..Maybe some carrots in a pot too...Will have to see.

Hope you get the school stuff finished up see and look forward to seeing you every second Tuesday

Katt

5:11 pm  
Blogger Sharon said...

That was a very good purchase off ebay, I will keep my eyes peeled for you too, any particular colour/s?

1:05 pm  
Blogger Suzi said...

What? No! I gave yout he chilli so it would be safe from my black thumb and the daft white cat, anything green growing in a pot is something he surely must be able to consume.

Give my love to naughty Ash.

10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home